Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
These are delicious as a light lunch served with cold meat and salad or just as a savoury snack for guests.
Top Review by Ispud
They were a little dry and chewy for my taste. Next time I will add a few tablespoons of oil or melted butter and mix just until moistened. For mile-high cooking, reduce baking powder to a tablespoon.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- milk, to mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients and mix in cheese
- Break egg into cup and top with milk to 250ml and beat slightly
- Add egg to dry ingredients and mix well. If dough is too dry, add a little water. Dough must be soft but still firm.
- Grease a muffin tray and bake at 180C for 15 – 20 minutes until golden