Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicious as a light lunch served with cold meat and salad or just as a savoury snack for guests.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- milk, to mix
- Sift dry ingredients and mix in cheese
- Break egg into cup and top with milk to 250ml and beat slightly
- Add egg to dry ingredients and mix well. If dough is too dry, add a little water. Dough must be soft but still firm.
- Grease a muffin tray and bake at 180C for 15 – 20 minutes until golden
They were a little dry and chewy for my taste. Next time I will add a few tablespoons of oil or melted butter and mix just until moistened. For mile-high cooking, reduce baking powder to a tablespoon.
My son came home from primary school and told me all about the cheese puffs. I spent years making up batches of choux puffs and scones. I never thought it would be so easy. He's delighted and I've passed this recipe on to my future daughter-in-law!
My family liked them and they were easy to make. I think that they would be good with breakfast. Thank you for sharing your recipe!