Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My boss made something similar to this. It was about the only thing she could cook. :) I'm not sure if it's the exact recipe, but I wanted to post it here for safe keeping.
- 3 loaves pepperidge farm sandwich bread
- 2 cups margarine, softened
- 4 (5 ounce) jars Kraft Old English cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- Trim crusts off bread.
- Whip butter, cheese spread, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sace and onion powder until it is the consistency of icing.
- Spread between 3 slices of bread.
- Quarter the triple-decker sandwich.
- Ice sides with the cheese mixture.
- Repeat until all bread is used.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Freeze on a well-greased, foil-lined baking sheet. When ready to serve, bake frozen puffs into a preheated 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Serve warm.