Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
We have these with soup, I suppose they are a muffin, but we have always called them puffs. Recipe is very changeable, I have added sun-dried tomatoes or corn at different times.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup grated cheese (low fat if preferred)
- 2 bacon, rashers finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 cup milk (I use skim)
- 2 eggs
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Stir in cheese, bacon and chives.
- Mix milk and eggs together and then add to flour mix, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffins tins.
- Bake in moderately hot oven 200deg C/380deg F for 15- 20 minutes.