Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the fried cheese you get at the Royal Easter Show in Sydney maybe not but i thought i would try it. Thought this might be like it.
- 3 egg whites
- 200 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons plain flour
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites until stiff.
- Fold in cheese and flour. Season.
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Pour oil into a saucepan until it is half-full. Heat over medium heat until hot.
- Drop heaped teaspoonfuls of cheese mixture into oil, 4 at a time. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining cheese puffs. Serve hot.