Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fluffy and delicious. These make an excellent side dish. Can make ahead and bake later.
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Beat with mixer: potatoes, sour cream, cottage cheese, melted butter, onion powder, salt and pepper. Whip well.
- Pour into greased casserole and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Top with cheddar and cook 15 more minutes.
Did I NEED to find this delicious new potato recipe? Absolutely NOT - now I'll be making it all the time when I should be eating salads.....delicious - the cottage cheese/sour cream blend was 2die4.
Mmmmmm, these were so good. I've used cottage cheese as a fill-in for sour cream, but as an actual ingredient with the sour cream, delicious! I don't think we will like plain whipped potatoes ever again. Thnx so much for posting, Vicki. Made for ZWT 2008.
Perfect blend of flavors. I was out of onion powder so I used garlic powder with great results. Will make again. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT 4.