Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fluffy and delicious. These make an excellent side dish. Can make ahead and bake later.
Make and share this Cheese Puffed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Beat with mixer: potatoes, sour cream, cottage cheese, melted butter, onion powder, salt and pepper. Whip well.
- Pour into greased casserole and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Top with cheddar and cook 15 more minutes.
Did I NEED to find this delicious new potato recipe? Absolutely NOT - now I'll be making it all the time when I should be eating salads.....delicious - the cottage cheese/sour cream blend was 2die4.
Mmmmmm, these were so good. I've used cottage cheese as a fill-in for sour cream, but as an actual ingredient with the sour cream, delicious! I don't think we will like plain whipped potatoes ever again. Thnx so much for posting, Vicki. Made for ZWT 2008.
Perfect blend of flavors. I was out of onion powder so I used garlic powder with great results. Will make again. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT 4.