Recipe by SarasotaCook
Want something that is great for every night but is amazing for dinner parties, holidays or a special event but very very easy. A few slices of prosciutto from your grocer's deli, some store bought crescent rolls and asparagus. Now if you want to get really special, buy a mix of white, green and sometimes you can find the red asparagus. I did this for a Christmas party and it was a hit. But if you can't get other colors, get green, that is just fine.
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed (not the pencil thin)
- crescent roll (1 can rolled out flat and press the cuts together, Pillsbury or any brand name, Pillsbury even makes)
- 6 slices prosciutto, thin sliced
- 3 ounces herb cheese spread (Boursin or any herb soft cheese)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Asparagus -- Pre cook the asparagus just 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave just lay flat on a paper towel and cover with a damp paper towel. Just to get a head start.
- Rolls -- Spread out the crescent rolls and press the pre cut seems together to form one large sheet. Cut in half top to bottom and then cup each half in 3 strips. Spread with some of the boursin or herb cheese. (Thin layer, not heavy).
- Wrap -- 4-5 asparagus spears with prosciutto. I like to alternate the spears going in different directions to make sure they cook evenly. Then wrap in the strips of crescent rolls a spiral pattern around the asparagus and prosciutto. Make sure you leave the tips and the very ends open (a inch or more) but the rest should be wrapped with the crescent roll.
- Bake -- Place the wrapped asparagus bundles on a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Melt the butter in the microwave and brush with butter. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake in a 400 degree oven for 14-16 minutes until golden brown.