Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like this recipe because the tastes excellent and there is never much left over when I make it for party occasions. My grandma gave me this recipe and she's been making them for years. I had to have it.
- 5 lbs potatoes, skinned and diced into cubes
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, melted in microwave
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, pieces fried crisp
- Cook potatoes, drain, and partially mash.
- Cook onion in bacon pan until transparent.
- Add onion to potatoes.
- Stir in mayonaise and velveeta.
- Top with bacon pieces.
- Fills a 9 by 13 pyrex dish with little room left over.
- Bake for 30 minute 350 degrees.
- Can be made a day or two in advance.
- Refrigerate, bake, and serve.