Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 basic meatloaf (prepared from another recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, Crumbled
- instant mashed potatoes
- bacon, Crisp & Crumbled
- Prepare the basic meat loaf recipe except -- mix in half of the cheese and shape the mixture into a loaf in an ungreased baking pan 13 X 9 X 2-inches.
- Omit the catsup and bake as directed.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Prepare the potatoes as directed on the package except -- stir in the remaining cheese.
- Spread the potatoes on the sides and top of the meat loaf.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
Yummmmm...blue cheese, very good...we all enjoyed it. I added a bit more bacon than called for. Great taste. Thanks Recipezaar for a great recipe. :-)