Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is such an interesting pie. I got it from my kids school newsletter. I have yet to try it but it sounded so different and interesting I had to post it.
- 3 lbs pastry dough, for 3 crusts
- 8 large tart apples
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Grate cheese and spread over first pastry crust.
- Place second pie shell over cheese and seal edge.
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- Place over second crust.
- Pour sugar mixed with flour and salt over apples.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with third crust.
- Prick with fork several times.
- Bake at 425 for 45 to 50 minutes.