Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very delicious recipe that I had once when I was younger and absolutely loved it, not knowing that there were onions in it (which were NOT my favorite). My mom couldn't find this recipe again after making it, until I moved out 10 years later! Absolutely delicious recipe! You can substitute the cheese listed with cheddar cheese!
- 3 cups cooked and diced chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup celery
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 2 cups prepared biscuit mix
- 1 cup grated pimiento-american cheese
- Put butter in a sauce pan; add celery and onion, cook over low heat until onion is transparent and glazed, and celery is tender.
- Sprinkle flour into celery and onion mixture, stirring until all is well mixed.
- Add the chicken bouillon to the boiling water and cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken; stir well. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the biscuit dough for biscuits according to package directions. Place the soft dough on floured board & roll and pat until it’s oblong in shape & abut ½ inch thick.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the dough. Starting at one end of the dough, roll up, jelly roll fashion; seal the edge with a few drops of water.
- Using a sharp knife dipped in water, slice through the roll, making ½ inch slices.
- Place the chicken mixture in a buttered baking dish (9x9) then put the pinwheel rolls over top.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, or until pinwheels are puffy and a delicate brown. Serve piping hot. Serves 6.