Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes from Hershey's and it makes a decadent dessert! If you're counting calories and fat grams, just ignore this one. :o)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 large graham cracker crust
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Stir in 1 and 2/3 cups chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake 10 minutes at 450, then without opening oven door, reduce heat to 250 F and continue baking for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and whipping cream in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave at high for 20 to 30 seconds until chips melt and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Cool mixture slightly and then spread on top of cheesepie.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes to allow topping to set.
Wonderful!!! This is my husband's favorite. I make it for special occassions. Very easy.
Incredibly rich---a little too rich for me, but my husband absolutely loved it, so I'll be making it again (for him).