This is my grandmother's recipe which was past on to me by my mom.
Make and share this Cheese Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml soft butter (about 200g) or 236.59 ml margarine (about 200g)
- 591.47 ml self rising flour
- 226.79 g nonfat sour cream or 226.79 g yogurt
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 29.58 ml butter
- 226.79 g crumbled feta or 226.79 g bulgarian cheese
- 59.14 ml grated romano cheese
- 118.29 ml grated edam cheese (any other cheese you have inn the house) or 118.29 ml another hard cheese (any other cheese you have inn the house)
- 113.39 g fat free cream cheese
- 118.29 ml fat free sour cream
- 2-3 eggs
- 118.29 ml milk or 118.29 ml half-and-half or 118.29 ml heavy cream
- salt (optional)
- black pepper
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds
- black pepper
- prepare dough by mixing ingredients together by hand until well blended.
- refrigerate until filling is ready.
- Cook the green onion in the butter/margarine over low heat until just cooked, and let cool at room temperature.
- place the cheeses, cream cheese, sour cream and milk in a food processor.
- pulse until blended.
- The mixture does not need to reach a totally creamy consistency.
- Mix in 2- 3 eggs depending on how thick you want the filling to be.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- flatten out 2/3 of the dough in a 9X13 inch pan, and preheat oven to 350.
- Pour filling into pan over crust.
- roll the remaining dough between your palms into strips and lay over the filling back and forth (make a lattice pattern).
- Top with parmesan, sesame seeds and black pepper.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly puffy.