1/1 Photo of Cheese Pie
This is my grandmother's recipe which was past on to me by my mom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup soft butter (about 200g) or 1 cup margarine (about 200g)
- 2 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream or 8 ounces yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb crumbled feta or 1/2 lb bulgarian cheese
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated edam cheese (any other cheese you have inn the house) or 1/2 cup another hard cheese (any other cheese you have inn the house)
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 -3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half or 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt (optional)
- black pepper
- 1prepare dough by mixing ingredients together by hand until well blended.
- 2refrigerate until filling is ready.
- 3Cook the green onion in the butter/margarine over low heat until just cooked, and let cool at room temperature.
- 4place the cheeses, cream cheese, sour cream and milk in a food processor.
- 5pulse until blended.
- 6The mixture does not need to reach a totally creamy consistency.
- 7Mix in 2- 3 eggs depending on how thick you want the filling to be.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9flatten out 2/3 of the dough in a 9X13 inch pan, and preheat oven to 350.
- 10Pour filling into pan over crust.
- 11roll the remaining dough between your palms into strips and lay over the filling back and forth (make a lattice pattern).
- 12Top with parmesan, sesame seeds and black pepper.
- 13Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly puffy.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.3
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 624.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: