Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love cheese cake... and this tastes like cheese cake, but with a lighter texture! I found the recipe in a cookbook called "Southern Sideboards"
- 1 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- For Pie: Combine cream cheese, eggs, 3/4 cups sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 30 minutes, or until almost firm.
- Remove from oven.
- For topping: In a small mixing bowl, mix sour cream, 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread sour cream mixture on top of pie.
- Bake at 325F for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Just like my Grandmas! light and fluffy. Also not over sweet. Thanks for the recipe!
I skipped step #6 cool(couldn`t wait), and put the topping on. This is light and creamy good. Served with blueberry topping.