Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From Cooking Light-I haven't tried it yet, but it got raves on the Cooking Light site. This is a family recipe submitted by reader Ann Bliss-Pilcher to the magazine. Cook time includes chill time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs, about 8 sheets
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Crust: Combine first 3 ingredients; toss with a fork until moist. Press into bottom and up sides of a 10 inch pie plate coated with cooking spray; chill.
- Filling: Combine 1/2 sugar and next 8 ingredients in a blender, process til smooth. Place cheese mixture in large bowl. Place egg whites in second large bowl; beat til soft peaks form. Add 2 T sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg white mixture into cheese mixture; pour into prepared crust. Bake at 325 for 45 min or til center barely moves when pan is touched. Cool to room temperature Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Sauce: Combine berries, 3 T sugar, and cornstarch in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 min, stirring constantly. Cool slightly. Place berry mixture in a blender; process til smooth. Strain and serve with pie.