Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posting this recipe for ZWT II - Mexico/SA This is from "The Avon International Cookbook" and the origins is Paraguay.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, sliced
- In bowl stir together flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- Cut in butter or margarine till crumbly.
- Stir in 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Combine egg and 3 tablespoons milk; add to flour mixture, stirring till well mixed.
- Form dough into a ball.
- On lightly floured surface roll out about 2/3 or dough to 13" circle.
- Ease pastry into a 10" pie plate, being careful not to stretch the pastry.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups shredded cheese, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup milk, and flour.
- Arrange egg slices in pastry; top with cheese mixture.
- Roll out remaining pastry; cut into 1/2" strips. Weave strips atop filling to make lattice top. Flute edge.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 30 minutes or till crust is lightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.