1/1 Photo of Cheese & Pesto Lasagna
1 hr 40 mins
A tasty cheese lasagna that comes out surprisingly light. Don't leave out the pesto; it's wonderful with the tomato sauce. Because we eat a lot of pasta at home, I usually have homemade sauce and pesto on hand, but packaged will work great here, too. Any finely shredded vegetables can replace the zucchini, such as eggplant, carrots, spinach or mushrooms. Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 350°F.
- 2Saute finely chopped onion in 2 Tbl. olive oil.
- 3Add shredded zucchinis into pan and saute until soft.
- 4Salt and pepper lightly.
- 5Add 1 cup of stock to vegetables.
- 6Set aside 4 oz. of mozzarella.
- 7Mix ricotta cheese, 8 oz. of mozzarella and eggs in a separate bowl.
- 8Fold 1/4 cup of basil pesto in ricotta mixture.
- 9Heat marina sauce in sauce pan.
- 10Add 1 cup of stock, and turn off heat.
- 11Cover bottom of 9x13 pan with tomato sauce.
- 12Place first layer of uncooked lasagna noodles on bottom of pan.
- 13Cover with thin layer of sauce.
- 14Layer one third of the cheese mixture, followed by one third of vegetable mixture.
- 15Save about 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture to dollop on top layer.
- 16Continue until last layer of noodles is placed.
- 17Cover with sauce and any remaining liquid.
- 18Dollop with remaining ricotta.
- 19Bake for 45 minutes.
- 20Add mozzarella and parmesan for top, and bake for 15 - 20 more minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese & Pesto Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.6
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 160.7 mg
- Sodium 1129.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: