Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from Cooks.com and has become one of my favorites. It makes a pretty presentation on any appetizer table or buffet. Enjoy
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 2⁄3 cups cream cheese, room temperature (about 21 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- Finely chop garlic in processor. Add basil, 1/4 cup pine nuts, oil and lemon juice. Process until well blended. Add 1/3 cup cream cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Using on/off turns, process just until blended. Transfer pesto to medium bowl.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes in processor. Add tomato paste and process until mixture is almost smooth. Add 1/3 cup cream cheese and blend well.
- Using electric mixer, beat 2 cups cream cheese and butter in large bowl until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray 6-cup soufflé dish with nonstick spray. Line with plastic wrap, extending plastic over sides. Spread 3/4 cup cream cheese-butter mixture evenly over bottom of prepared dish. Top with half of tomato mixture, then 1/2 cup cream cheese-butter mixture, then half of pesto mixture. Repeat layering with 1/2 cup cream cheese-butter mixture, remaining tomato mixture, 1/2 cup cream cheese-butter mixture and remaining pesto. Top with remaining cream cheese-butter mixture. Cover and chill overnight. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- Invert torta onto platter. Peel off plastic. Garnish with basil sprigs and toasted pine nuts. Serve with baguette slices.