Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These cheesy, herb popovers make a lovely light lunch when served with a nice simple green salad and some fresh fruit slices.
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh sweet basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons spicy pepperoni, finely, snipped
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup edam cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese, ground
- nonstick cooking spray (Pam olive oil)
- Spray the bottoms and sides of eight muffin pans for Yorkshire pudding and set aside .
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl with a wire whisk, mix the eggs, milk and oil together.
- Then add the flour, basil, oregano, parsley and garlic powder, mix until well blended.
- Stir in the pepperoni.
- Fill the prepared pan, half full of batter.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the cheese onto of the popovers and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately.
- *Please Note*.
- I have added more pepperoni on Nimz's suggestion. It tastes even better.
I used a 12-cup tin, and made these a little smaller. I also preheated the sprayed pan. These are wonderfully flavorful. They taste like a pizza in a popover! Great recipe, thanks for posting.
Really enjoyed these! I think it's the different,"heavier" texture that I enjoyed. I could see me bringing these to a party in the future- thanks! made for ZWT7.
Yum! These were a perfect appetizer. I can see where they would be good as a light lunch too. Easy to prepare and very delicious. The only change I might make is to add some fresh chopped spinach; either mixed in to the dough or sprinkled on top before the cheese. Thanks for a great recipe!