Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cheesy with Sweet and Savory at its best!! This has been my alltime favorite cookie and is always baked every Christmas. I received this recipe years ago from my mother-in-law. It is essential to use all ingredients to get the sweet and savory effect. The combination of the garlic powder, toasted pecan and the powdered sugar is awesome!! A one-half pecan piece on the top makes it pretty, but a one-fourth piece will do as well. It is best not to let these cookies get too brown. These cookies are great with coffee!! Approximate servings is shown. Chill time not included.
- Mix butter and cheese. Add garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Mix in flour. Roll into 2 logs approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and chill for two hours in refrigerator.
- Slice 1/4 inch thick and place pecan half centered on top. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. Watch carefully and do not let cookie get brown as the flavor will be damaged.
- Place on paper towels and while still warm sift powdered sugar over top of each cookie. Store in air tight container. Keeps well for two weeks and freezes well.
I loved these. I've gotten mixed feeling from others about them, just because the cheesy dough and powdered sugar seem weird to some. My daughters said they didn't care for them at first, but then said, "they grow on you"! Thanks for posting.