1/4 Photos of Cheese Pecan Cookies
Seasoned Cook's Note:
Cheesy with Sweet and Savory at its best!! This has been my alltime favorite cookie and is always baked every Christmas. I received this recipe years ago from my mother-in-law. It is essential to use all ingredients to get the sweet and savory effect. The combination of the garlic powder, toasted pecan and the powdered sugar is awesome!! A one-half pecan piece on the top makes it pretty, but a one-fourth piece will do as well. It is best not to let these cookies get too brown. These cookies are great with coffee!! Approximate servings is shown. Chill time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix butter and cheese. Add garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- 2Mix in flour. Roll into 2 logs approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and chill for two hours in refrigerator.
- 3Slice 1/4 inch thick and place pecan half centered on top. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. Watch carefully and do not let cookie get brown as the flavor will be damaged.
- 5Place on paper towels and while still warm sift powdered sugar over top of each cookie. Store in air tight container. Keeps well for two weeks and freezes well.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Pecan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 202.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g