Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
Store these covered in the fridge and reheat for 5 minutes at 200°C, Fan 180°C, Gas 6. They can be frozen - freeze them uncooked and cook from frozen for 12 - 15 minutes
- 1 (200 g) packagefresh phyllo pastry (you will need 12 sheets, you can refreeze the 4 leftover sheets)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for brushing
- 0.5 (320 g) jargeeta's premium mango chutney
For the filling
- 150 g panir or 150 g feta cheese, diced
- 0.5 (20 g) package fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 75 g frozen petits pois
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili powder
- Place all the filling ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Unwrap the phyllo pastry and cut each sheet into 3 strips lengthways.
- Each strip should be about 6cm (2 1/2 in) wide.
- Cover the pastry with a damp tea towel to prevent it from drying out as you work.
- Brush the strips with a little oil on one side, place 1 heaped teaspoon of the mixture in the corner of each strip,and fold the corner in towards the other edge, covering the filling to form a triangle. Continue to fold down and sideways in a triangular shape until all the pastry is used, trimming away any excess.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and phyllo pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Put the samosas on a large baking sheet.
- Lightly brush each one with a little oil and bake for 12-15 until pale golden and crisp.
- Serve warm with the mango chutney.