1/4 Photos of Cheese Pastries (Vegetarian Epicure)
1 hr 30 mins
The best cheese wafers on earth...in my humble opinion. :-) I ALWAYS make a double batch. Everyone loves them; you can’t make too many!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Stir together the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Put in food processor, add butter and process until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Add and process with both grated cheeses.
- 4Sprinkle cream over mixture and process until you have a smooth dough. (You may knead it by hand a bit.)
- 5Put glob on waxed paper, press to form a disk, wrap in the waxed paper and chill for about an hour.
- 6Roll the dough out on a lightly floured pastry cloth, until it is a thickness of a little less than ¼ inch.
- 7Cut into small or medium circles or strips.
- 8Arrange them on ungreased cookie sheets; then brush with the beaten egg/water mixture.
- 9Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven for 12-14 minutes. (Or until they are puffed and slightly brown on top.).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Pastries (Vegetarian Epicure)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.6
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 519.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 10.3 g