Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was in the local paper a while back. It is easy to make and very VERY good!
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese (specialty cheese) or 8 ounces smoked gouda cheese (specialty cheese) or 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese (specialty cheese)
- 2 medium celery ribs
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring 2 1/2 quarts of unsalted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until form to tender, about 10 - 12 minutes. Drain into colander; rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, cut the cheese into 1/4 inch cubes and place into 3 qt or larger serving bowl. Cut celery into bite size pieces. Add to the bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half; add to bowl.
- Rinse the peas under cool water. Drain and add to bowl.
- Chop basil and add to bowl.
- Shake the colander to remove as much water as possible from pasta. Add pasta to bowl.
- Add olive oil, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper evenly over the bowl.
- Stir gently to mix well.
- Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate until ready to serve.