Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a great cold day casserole and there is lots of leftovers also.
- 8 ounces pasta (macaroni,shells,etc. 2 cups uncooked)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (Catelli Parmesan & Romano works very well)
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lb mixed cheese, shredded (approx. 2 1/2 to 3 cups)
- Cook pasta.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Set aside.
- Cook beef.
- Drain and rinse under hot water to get rid of extra fat.
- Combine beef,onions,garlic,tomatoes,spag ? sauce, and mushrooms.
- Simmer for 30 minute.
- stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and layer as follows: 1/2 pasta, 1/2 meat sauce, 1/2 sour cream, and 1/2 cheese Repeat layers then cover and bake at 350* for 45 minutes.