1/2 Photos of Cheese Pasta Bake
The Normans's Note:
Sourced online somewhere, can't recall though. You can add whatever vege or protein you like, say pancetta or chicken or spinach or mushrooms. We used pizza cheese that had four types in it as that was what was in fridge, but use what you like or have :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta in lightly salted water, drain and set aside. Slice mushrooms and dice speck into small pieces. Throw both of those in a pan to wilt the mushrooms and cook the speck.
- 2In a separate medium sized saucepan, melt the butter, tip in the flour and stir. Cook for one minute, then pour in a little of the milk. Keep adding the milk, little by little and stirring all the time to get rid of any lumps.
- 3Add the garlic and bay leaf to the sauce, along with some pepper and salt. Once the sauce is hot and thickened, remove from the heat and add the 50g grated cheese.
- 4Fold the pasta through your warm mushie mix. Remove the bay leaf from the sauce and fold that through too. Top with the parmesan and heat under a hot grill for 5-10 minutes till crisp and golden.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.0
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 599.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: