Ideal as canapes for a drinks party these little phyllo parcels are filled with two different cheesey fillings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Divide the sheets of phyllo pastry in half so that they measure approximately 4-6in.
- 2Make the parcels one by one, keeping the rest of the pastry under a lightly dampened cloth so that it does not dry out.
- 3Blend together the wilted spinach leaves and soft cheese in a food processor until you have a smooth mixture.
- 4Brush your first sheet of pastry with melted butter, fold in half, brush the surface with butter, turn over and brush the other side with butter as well.
- 5Cut the piece of pastry in half and place about a tsp of the spinach and soft cheese mixture in the centre.
- 6Now gather up the sides of the pastry and gather them at the top, squeezing them together so that they form a money purse shape. Place on a greaseproof tray.
- 7Repeat this process with the rest of the soft cheese and spinach, you should be able to make 20 of them. Place in the fridge.
- 8With the remaining 20 sheets, make them in exactly the same way, substituting the soft cheese and spinach for a small cube of camembert, ½ tsp of cranberry sauce and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. Place in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
- 9Heat the sunflower oil to about 350F and begin cooking the parcels, 4-5 at a time, for 2-3 minutes per batch until they are crisp and golden.
- 10Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on lots of kitchen paper until they are cool enough to eat.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Parcels Two Ways!
Serving Size: 1 (2099 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.5
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 237.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: