Top Review by Cindy Lynn
Wow...these turned out super fluffy and much lighter than I had expected them to with the cheese. I made an Italian sauce (kind of a cross between a pizza and a spaghetti sauce) for them. Tomato sauces sometimes bother DH's tummy, so he taste-tested, then went for his traditional maple syrup. DD#3 had the last one as an after school snack and decided that although she really liked the tomato sauce, she didn't like it on pancakes...she did, however, like the maple syrup on them. Thank you for sharing a recipe that DH says is the best pancake he's ever had (outside of our buckwheats) Mimi!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup of grated cheese (whatever you desire)
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- This recipe will make about 2 dozen cakes depending on how you pour them.
- Mix and then sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the well-beaten egg to the liquid.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients very gradually, and stir quickly.
- Now add the melted butter, egg whites.
- Hint: Turning the pancake more than once makes it firm.