Prep 25 mins
Cook 52 mins
My mother had made these for years only for Thanksgiving. These are to good to only enjoy once a year. I finally coaxed the recipe from her and I make it for everyday occassions.
- 1 lb Birds Eye frozen small whole onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 ounce blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Defrost Onions.
- Melt butter then stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add milk, all cheeses and hot sauce.
- Stir until cheeses are melted.
- Add onions.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, remove cover and bake another 20 minutes.
These are great! We really loved the mixture of cheeses. The blue cheese gave it just a little bite. Very easy recipe, for a great dish! Will make this again, and it will be on our Thanksgiving table. Thanks Virginia!
Holy Cow these are so good! Simple to make too I've already made them twice since I printed the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing this is sure to be a staple on our table!
These were outstanding! I love cheese with tabasco sauce and I love onions! Perfect. I've never used Velveeta before but suppose it helps give it the creamy texture. This was much better freshly made than as leftovers. I am sensitive to hot peppers and this was a little "hot" but I could handle it.