Recipe by Virginia Chandler
My mother had made these for years only for Thanksgiving. These are to good to only enjoy once a year. I finally coaxed the recipe from her and I make it for everyday occassions.
Top Review by MizzNezz
These are great! We really loved the mixture of cheeses. The blue cheese gave it just a little bite. Very easy recipe, for a great dish! Will make this again, and it will be on our Thanksgiving table. Thanks Virginia!
- 1 lb Birds Eye frozen small whole onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 ounce blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Defrost Onions.
- Melt butter then stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add milk, all cheeses and hot sauce.
- Stir until cheeses are melted.
- Add onions.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, remove cover and bake another 20 minutes.