Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Large flat mushrooms topped with a combination of sharp cheese and scallions, flavoured with garlic, parsley and black pepper. An appetizer, side dish or lunch.
- 6 large flat mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper (to season)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Brush the mushrooms with oil, season and place gill side down under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the cheese with the scallions, garlic and parsley. Season well with salt and pepper to taste. Turn the mushrooms over and fill with the cheese mixture. Broil for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a mixed herb salad, cherry tomatoes and crusty bread.