Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are simple, but tasty, and lend themselves well to customization. I often add taco meat or shredded beef. Adjust amounts and ingredients to your personal tastes.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 5 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese or 5 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 2 (10 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- Soften tortillas in a hot pan or the microwave.
- Combine onion, olives, and 4 cups of cheese.
- Top each tortilla with equal amount of mixture.
- Roll and insert toothpick to hold in place, or place seam side down in a greased 13" x 9" pan.
- Pour enchilada sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with extra 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 35 minutes.
These are very tasty enchiladas. I feel they need to be baked longer. Our cheese was not completely melted inside the tortillas. Next time I will cook them at least 10 minutes longer. Made for PAC Spring 2014.