Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a family favorite at our house. It always comes out light and fluffy, nice tall loaf, and very moist. Time to make will vary according to the brand of bread machine you have.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (80 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (sharp, for best flavor)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- Add ingredients to breadmaker according to your machine's recommendations.
- Select cycle and press start.
This bread is really moist and light, baked up beautifully in my bread maker. A mild onion flavor but not a lot of the cheese flavor came thru. Next time I would add about another 1/2 cup of cheese and see how that worked out. A nice bread for sandwiches!
Wow! This recipe is fantastic! This afternoon I made the dough in my machine and then shaped it into 10 "hamburger" style rolls to use for pulled pork sandwiches. These are absolutely the lightest, most tasty rolls I have ever made. After shaping them and letting them rise, they baked for 15 minutes on 375. They came out looking and feeling like a professional bakery made them. Thanks so much for posting this, it is going in my personal collection! :)