Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
There's nothing like good cheese paired with fruit for a wonderful appetizer, or even dessert. Adapted from BH&G.
- 1 lb white cheddar cheese (or yellow aged)
- 6 -8 ounces Stilton cheese or 6 -8 ounces other blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons walnut halves (and or or pieces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied apricots (or chopped dried apricots dipped in honey)
- fresh currants (optional) or dried cranberries (optional)
- honey (optional)
- Cut the cheeses into wedges and cover with plastic wrap. Allow the cheeses to stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes to bring out their full flavors. Arrange the cheese wedges on a cake stand or a plate.
- Sprinkle the cheese wedges with walnuts, candied apricot, and currants if using. If you like drizzle with honey.
This was so good. I was hosting my friends at my house, and I needed something quick and easy to put together and this was it. Everyone liked it, and happily enough there were no leftovers whatsoever.