Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very easy to make.
- Whisk the eggs till light and fluffy.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Heat a 7 inch non-stick skillet and add butter.
- As the butter begins to smoke, lower heat and pour the beaten egg mixture.
- Cook covered for a minute.
- Fold over and serve immediately.
I like to wait to add the cheese until after the eggs have been poured into the hot pan, and have begun to set. This offers the eater a flavor burst with every bite and when making omlelettes for several people, the amount of cheese can be adjusted to individual taste.
I added sugar to make it a bit sweeter, just how I like my eggs. but very good example of a basic omelette recipe
a nice easy recipe..just what i was looking for. although i did add the cheese after the omelette was almost cooked.