Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Now this may sound a tad strange, but hey, try it! This is great on any bread, but I like pumpernickel, whole wheat, and rye! This came out of Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery. Using cream cheese, this is an English recipe.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons French dressing
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 16 slices bread, buttered
- Mix cheese and dressing until smooth.
- Add olives and raisins.
- Spread on 8 slice.
- Top with remaining slices.
- Makes 8 sandwiches.
I liked this. Very different, but oh so tasty. The French dressing was sweet, but the olives (and juice) offset the sweetness, making it more savory. I served this with traditional dark rye with seeds. I would definately make this again. Thanks, Sharon for sharing this unique recipe.