Saw this recipe by Crestor (the medicine), at the hospital the other day and it looked very appetizing so I copied it! Have made a few changes but they are slight & I think they made it even more delicious! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 manicotti, pieces cooked according to directions without salt or fat
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- 6 tablespoons fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- onion powder, a dash (optional)
- garlic powder, a dash
- italian seasoning (a pinch "or" two)
- 1 pinch salt, divided
- crushed red pepper flakes, a pinch or two (optional)
- 2 tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated, divided
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushroom
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 6 tablespoons nonfat milk or 6 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Cook manicotti and set aside.
- 3In a bowl, combine chopped black olives, ricotta cheese, egg white, Parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning, pinch of salt, pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (if using), a dash of onion powder(if using), a dash of garlic powder and 1 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese.
- 4Spray a small baking dish with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- 5Fill the manicotti evenly with the ricotta cheese mixture, laying them into the dish.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In a saucepan sprayed with nonstick vegetable cooking, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and mushrooms.
- 8Cook for 1 minute and add the flour.
- 9Add the milk gradually and with a wire whisk smooth out the lumps.
- 10Cook mushroom sauce 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
- 11Check for seasoning & add a pinch of salt, if needed.
- 12Pour sauce over manicotti and top with remaining 1 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese.
- 13Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese & Olive Manicotti With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.9 mg
- Sodium 653.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese