Recipe by Manami
Saw this recipe by Crestor (the medicine), at the hospital the other day and it looked very appetizing so I copied it! Have made a few changes but they are slight & I think they made it even more delicious! ;)
- 2 manicotti, pieces cooked according to directions without salt or fat
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- 6 tablespoons fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- onion powder, a dash (optional)
- garlic powder, a dash
- italian seasoning (a pinch "or" two)
- 1 pinch salt, divided
- crushed red pepper flakes, a pinch or two (optional)
- 2 tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated, divided
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced button mushroom
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 6 tablespoons nonfat milk or 6 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook manicotti and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine chopped black olives, ricotta cheese, egg white, Parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning, pinch of salt, pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (if using), a dash of onion powder(if using), a dash of garlic powder and 1 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese.
- Spray a small baking dish with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- Fill the manicotti evenly with the ricotta cheese mixture, laying them into the dish.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan sprayed with nonstick vegetable cooking, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and mushrooms.
- Cook for 1 minute and add the flour.
- Add the milk gradually and with a wire whisk smooth out the lumps.
- Cook mushroom sauce 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
- Check for seasoning & add a pinch of salt, if needed.
- Pour sauce over manicotti and top with remaining 1 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.