Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a great little appetizers that my cousin brings to family dos. They are easy and very tasty!
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced green olives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Unroll crescent rolls and place on the bottom of a rectangular baking dish, press seams to join.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over, bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.
I thought these were tasty. Full of flavor, and would be great as an appetizer. I think Kelbel's suggestion of topping it with salsa and sour cream would be great! This were super easy. I followed the recipe as directed, worked very well. Thanks Lois for the tasty recipe.
I made this as per instructions, as we really liked this one. I made it in a 9x13 pan, and left it in the oven for 20 minutes. If you like cheese with a twang, this is a good pick!
I made a few changes on this recipe. I used 1/2 a can of rolls, black olives, jack cheese, and shallots. I can not imagine this recipe using a whole can of rolls and just three eggs. Using half of the can made for a nice base for the egg and cheese topping. I served for breakfast topped with salsa and sour cream.