Recipe by Chouny
This bread is very easy to make, no yeast involved! It's more like making a savory cake. The saltiness of the olives and cheeses make it a perfect appetizer.
Top Review by canadianrocks
Can we say OMG!!!!!!!!! the only change I made was 1/2 green olives- half black...makes a great smoked ham swiss sandwich.. I even liked it lightly toasted!..this is seriously good!!!! thank you for sharing... gonna be making this often!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons green onions (minced)
- 4 tablespoons green peppers (minced)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup aged cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup green olives (sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 375.
- Butter bread mold (approx. 6'' x 9'').
- Melt olive oil, saute onions, green peppers until tender.
- Sift together, flours, baking powder and salt, put aside.
- Beat eggs, milk, mustard and sugar until well incorporated.
- Add to the flour mix gently.
- Add cheeses, sauted onions and green peppers, herbs, mix together.
- Add olives and mix until well distributed.
- Pour into buttered mold bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice into squares and serve with wine or cocktail.