1/2 Photos of Cheese & Olive Bread for Appetizer
This bread is very easy to make, no yeast involved! It's more like making a savory cake. The saltiness of the olives and cheeses make it a perfect appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons green onions (minced)
- 4 tablespoons green peppers (minced)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup aged cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup black olives (sliced)
- 1/4 cup green olives (sliced)
- 1Preheat oven at 375.
- 2Butter bread mold (approx. 6'' x 9'').
- 3Melt olive oil, saute onions, green peppers until tender.
- 4Sift together, flours, baking powder and salt, put aside.
- 5Beat eggs, milk, mustard and sugar until well incorporated.
- 6Add to the flour mix gently.
- 7Add cheeses, sauted onions and green peppers, herbs, mix together.
- 8Add olives and mix until well distributed.
- 9Pour into buttered mold bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 10Slice into squares and serve with wine or cocktail.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese & Olive Bread for Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.8
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 380.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.7 g