Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is just so I don't forget the quantities. It is an easy recipe and you can throw it together in no time - then when it is baking you can get on with other things. This is a Paula Deen recipe which is just the same as I have always made but never measured!
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cottage cheese, sour cream, grated onion, worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and salt & pepper.
- Add noodles and place in greased casserole.
- Sprinkle top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Then sprinkle chopped fresh parsley.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
This recipe differs from Paula Deen's just slightly (hers calls for 1/2 a grated onion, garlic salt and no parsley), but it's a delicious dish just the same! I've made it twice now in the past week and my super-picky DD and DH (who hates sour cream but loved this!) both gobbled it up. Not diet food, but definitely yummy!