Delicious crackers, just like the commercial "CheezIts" or "Cheese Nips". These are gluten-free from Bette Hagman's, "The Gluten-Free Gourmet".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Grate the cheese (you should have approximately 2 cups).
- 3Set aside.
- 4Place butter in bowl of mixer and beat until creamy.
- 5Add egg, salt, and pepper.
- 6Beat until blended.
- 7Beat in cheese one-third at a time until completely combined.
- 8Stir in flours and xanthan gum until thoroughly blended.
- 9Work the dough into a ball.
- 10If dough doesn't stick together, add cold water, 1 T at a time, until a ball can be formed.
- 11Don't worry about overworking.
- 12Divide dough in half.
- 13Place one half on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and roll out as thin as possible.
- 14Repeat with the other half.
- 15Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and cut with a pastry wheel into 1-inch squares.
- 16Bake for 4 to 6 minutes, until deep golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Nips
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.3
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 235.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: