Recipe by NC Gal
This is a Kraft recipe I have been making for years. Very easy and tasty. Super easy if you use a roasted chicken from the store deli.
Top Review by currybunny
Easy, tasty and surprisingly filling! This was a great Friday night dinner to relax with; I used one chicken breast and corn tortillas as that's what I had on hand. Even after emptying half a taco seasoning sachet in, they weren't remotely spicy, so I recommend using hot salsa if you like your dinners warm! This would be very kid friendly, don't know anyone who wouldn't enjoy it - thanks for posting!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or any kind you want)
- 8 flour tortillas (6-inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook and stir onion in butter in a large skillet until tender. Stir in chicken, 1/4 cup picante sauce, cream cheese and taco seasoning cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla; roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Top with remaining picante sauce and cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes till cheese is melted and heated through.