Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids will eat anything with cheese on it! This developed when I got extra carrots at my food co-op and had more than enough in the freezer.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- salt & pepper
- Cook carrots in salted water until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Lightly grease 2-3 qt casserole.
- Combine onion, cheese, crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Place 1/2 of carrots then 1/2 of crumb mixture over that.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour melted margarine over all.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes until cheese melts.
Great carrots! Cheese, onions, butter......mmmmm...... what's not to love? It's cheesey, but not over-sauced. I'll make this again. Thanx!
just made this dish it was easy to make and it is ever so good i can see why kids like it very flavourfull i did a bit of a variation tho i added crushed ceaser bread crumbs to it instead of cracker crumbs and wow what a flavour to just bland ol carrots
A neat and different way to eat carrots, good recipe.