Recipe by Melanie Murray
This is so good. Serve it with your favorite meat entree and a good glass of wine.
Top Review by Tebo
I served this as a veggie dish for a dinner party. I love do ahead dishes. This was excellent, however, I think it would be best as a main dish for a brunch rather than a side dish. But it was good and the left overs will be great tonight.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (13 3/4 fluid ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (13 3/4 fluid ounce) can beef broth (I use chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 8 slices white bread, cubed (about 4 cups cubes)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8oz)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, broth, sour cream and mustard.
- Stir in bread cubes, cheese and mushrooms.
- Pour into greased 2 quart oval or 12x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover; bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish as desired.