Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
Nothing better than the 3 combined together.
- 566.99 g sirloin steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley (divided)
- 354.88 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- Cut steak into 4 portions.
- Brush both side of each steak with worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan a few inches from heating element.
- Broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Combine pan drippings, mushrooms, wine, salt& pepper and 1 tbs parsley in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With a slotted spoon, spoon mushrooms over steak, reserving liquid in saucepan.
- Sprinkle cheese over mushrooms.
- Broil an additional 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Transfer to a warm serving platter and sprinkle with parsley.
- Add flour to cooking liquid.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constanly 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve steak immediately with sauce.
Awsome recipie, very easy to make turned out perfectly. I did use chicken breast instead of steak as we dont eat much red-meat so the cooking time was a bit more, about 10-15min more. Family loved it!
Oh Boy! This should be illegal! It was wonderful, and as a previuos reviewer mentioned, we did the steaks on the grill. I served with creamed new potaoes and asparagus.
Delicious! The steaks I used were about 1" thick, as my butcher suggested that with a broiled steak you would want it to be thicker, and they came out perfectly. I deglazed the pan with the wine before adding it to the saucepan, and that helped release all the "yummies" to enjoy in the sauce. Hubby loved this recipe as did I, and we both thank you so much!! Dianne