Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is really good, the bacon can be replaced with finely chopped cooked ham, and canned well drained sliced mushrooms can be used in place of the fresh
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh white button mushrooms
- 4 -5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup full-fat milk
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use 1 teaspoon seasoned salt)
- black pepper (lots black pepper!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 -7 slices bacon (cooked and finely crumbled)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Melt butter in a skillet; add in mushroom slices and cook over medium heat until mushrooms are tender (about 6-8 minutes, adding in the chopped green onions the last 2 minutes of cooking) set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together milk with eggs, flour, salt and black pepper until frothy, then stir in 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, cooked bacon and mushrooms/onion mixture.
- Pour into buttered baking dish, then sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese (if using).
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are set in the center.
- Remove sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and return to oven for another couple of minutes until cheese is melted.
This IS really good, Kittencal! I made it for breakfast today to rave reviews. I did have to bake it for about 30 minutes before the eggs were set in the middle. I also left out the bacon because I managed to burn it but I really don't think it was missed. In fact, I probably wouldn't add the extra calories by using it in the future :) Thanks for posting and making our breakfast delicious!