Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Africa, a great cheesy appetizer or snack.
Make and share this Cheese Mantecaos recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor put the butter, cheese, flour, egg, salt, cayenne, and cumin.
- Pulse just until mixture resembles coarse meal; don't over-process.
- Form the mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten each ball slightly with your fingers.
- Bake until the pastries puff and are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and garnish with the paprika.