Midwest Maven's Note:
From Africa, a great cheesy appetizer or snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a food processor put the butter, cheese, flour, egg, salt, cayenne, and cumin.
- 3Pulse just until mixture resembles coarse meal; don't over-process.
- 4Form the mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 5Flatten each ball slightly with your fingers.
- 6Bake until the pastries puff and are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- 7Cool completely on a wire rack and garnish with the paprika.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese Mantecaos
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 631.2
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 166.8 mg
- Sodium 866.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 21.2 g