Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This a very simplified version of a great Italian dish. It can be made in advance and refrigerated until baking. I normally never use jarred sauces because I have the time to make sauce from scratch but to speed this recipe up, use sauce from a jar. Just make it a top notch brand.
- 8 manicotti, uncooked
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- parsley sprig
- Cook manicotti shells in boiling, salted water until barely tender (package directions). Rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Combine cheeses, parsley, egg, onion and salt; mixing well.
- Fill shells with cheese mixture.
- Arrange in lightly oiled baking dish.
- Cover with marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle with additional 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spinach according to package directions. DRAIN WELL.
- Spoon down center of baked manicotti just before serving.
- Garnish with parsley.
Instead of adding the spinach to the top of the manicotti I add it to the cheese mixture....really makes a hearty dish!