Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
You can stuff the shells well in advance to be baked later.
Make and share this Cheese Manicotti recipe from Food.com.
- 14 -16 manicotti, cooked and set aside
- 1 1⁄2 cups favourite pasta sauce
- 2 -3 cups grated mozzarella cheese (or more or less)
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (can use more)
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated onion (NO MORE)
- 1 -2 minced fresh garlic clove (no more than 2 cloves!)
- 4 medium eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 pinch dry oregano
- 1 pinch dry basil
- salt and pepper
- Set oven to TO 375.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together, then cover and place in the fridge for 1 or more hours (up to 24 hours) to blend the flavors.
- Remove the filling from the fridge and stuff the cooked pasta shells (careful not to overstuff or they will open when baked).
- Place the shells side be side in the buttered baking dish.
- At this point the shells can be covered and refrigerated to be baked later.
- Drizzle about 1-1/2 cups (or a little more) of the pasta sauce evenly over the shells (do not cover the shells completely).
- Sprinkle with about 2-3 cups of mozzarella cheese on top (or use desired amount).
- Cover LOOSLEY with foil, and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Let sit for about 5-7 minutes before serving.
This was yummy! I had to bake it about an hour, other than that, I followed the recipe to a "t." Thanks for posting! :)