Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
a quick bread with no yeast or abm from jean pare
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- combine flour, baking powder, salt and cheese in a large bowl.
- stir thoroughly.
- add milk and melted butter.
- ]stir to form soft dough.
- put in greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- bake at 400 for 35 to 40 minutes.
- remove from pan to cool.
I love my abm, but sometimes you want something you can just throw together on the spur of the moment. This definitely fits the bill. I made it in muffin tins to eat with country-style steak. Very nice for sopping up gravy. Made for PAC Fall 2009.